Skip navigation

Formula 1 13

July’s audio podcast 2011

Here we are, another month, another audio podcast!

Nigel Roebuck, Damien Smith, Rob Widdows and myself sat down on Tuesday July 26 to talk about the German Grand Prix, the Formula 1 form book and the future of sportscar racing.

f1  Julys audio podcast 2011

Have a listen and do let us know your thoughts on everything we discuss.

Something you may want to put in your diaries is that on August 24 we will be doing an audio podcast with the great Murray Walker. It’ll be online the next day and should be a cracker. If you want to ask him a question just click here.

Add your comments

13 comments on July’s audio podcast 2011

1. JB, 27 July 2011 11:35

Great podcast but why is there no RSS feed for this? It would make life much easier if i could allow the technology do its stuff and get these podcasts automatically rather than downloading each episode from the website.

2. Masta Kink, 27 July 2011 12:08

..a most enjoyable hour listening to your musings, chaps….personally, I think all teams should be compelled to use a young driver four or five times a year on a Friday morning, then it’s the same for everyone….I also think Mercedes should ‘persuade’ Schuey to retire at the end of the season, and presumably take on Di Resta or Hulkenberg…..looking forward to the imminent new edition of MS…..wonderful entertainment as usual…thanks to you all…

3. Nigel (not that one), 27 July 2011 13:43

Makes more sense to test after the race weekend if you ask me. The track is cleaned and rubbered up, teams have a race of data to compare the test results to and there’s no fear of testing being used to prepare for the race. You can also test out fixes for problems discovered in the race.

4. Lewis Lane, 27 July 2011 14:28

How about the top five in constructors being allowed to run a third car (not counting for constructors points) for a driver with less than ten races experience, in the first three races of the following season? And in addition, allowing a days testing after each race (but no other in season testing), and only using the same basis for the drivers?

5. Stefan, 27 July 2011 15:01

Great podcast!

As for Vettels alleged lack of “overtaking skill”, what often seems to be ignored in analyses is that the Red Bull doesn’t have a good top speed, just as it was in 2010.

It is the perfect car for getting pole and then leading from the front, when you can properly use the cornering strength. But with about 10 kph missing on the straights compared to the Mercedes, McLarens and Ferraris, you will always have a difficult time trying to overtake, even with the new DRS…

6. Tom, 27 July 2011 19:59

I wonder if the World Sportscar Championship will become a place for all these F1 “reserve” drivers to get noticed again – as Schumacher, Frentzen, Brundle etc once did.

Still smiling at “get real”…

7. Drewe, 28 July 2011 07:41

I’m sure you’ve heard it before – make a digital version of your wonderful mag, i will sign up today…….

8. Tony Geran, 28 July 2011 23:15

Your podcast certainly made my slow train trip this morning a great deal more bearable. I smile when they say Clark was never a great “racer” but I saw him dice with Stewart for nearly the whole Tasman Series race at Lakeside in 1967 – which he won – and he had a great dice with Chris Amon’s Ferrari at Sandown a year later. What doesn’t make sense is how Webber beat Vettel home by over 30 seconds in Germany. Vettel took Mark’s settings but still couldn’t make the car work for him some how, intriguing.

9. Tony C, 30 July 2011 02:36

Enjoy these podcasts immensely.Please keep them coming.
    Regards Tony C

10. Martin McAllen, 2 August 2011 01:15

Another great podcast.

Good news about the World Sportscar Championship, real racing at last. I hope this means that Sebastien Loeb will now leave rallying behind and pursue a full time drive in series, another driver I’d love to see in one of the LMP1 cars would be Kimi. Him and Seb going head to head with the likes of McNish, Rockenfeller, Minassian and Pagenaud at Le Mans would make nearly any F1 race look very tame.

11. the Damage, 3 August 2011 16:48

Please, please put an RSS feed on this podcast. That way you’ll get more people to listen regularly. Increasing popularity and even your subscription base! It also would mean that I can listen on the internet radio while doing odd jobs round the house.

12. Mike, 8 August 2011 00:48

Please PLEASE, I beg you! Please don’t limit the Murray Walker podcast to the usual hour, it needs to be longer!!

have yet to listen to this one but I’m sure it will be as great as the others

13. Mike Fairholme, 8 August 2011 17:57

Can’t believe you guys took two years to discover Truth in 24! Where have you been hiding?
    It was funded by Audi USA & they did offer it to Audi Germany but the price was too high for them to take it up. It is a true marketing opportunity missed by Audi though, even considering how many spectators attend Le Mans each year.
    If you look very hard & have someone to shop for you in the US it is available as a free HD DL from i tunes or on a DVD for $8 from the Audi Collection

Similar content

Luca-di-Montezemolo

A history of Ferrari’s sporting directors

17/04/14

With the resignation of Stefano Domenicali from Ferrari, Paul Fearnley looks back at the Scuderia’s past team bosses

Ayrton-Senna

Ayrton Senna: the McLaren years

17/04/14

Simon Arron shares Ron Dennis’s thoughts on his time working with Ayrton Senna

Daniel-Ricciardo

Red Bull loses Australian GP appeal

16/04/14

Mark Hughes explains why the FIA remains immovable on fuel flow regulations for the new turbo F1 engines

Author

Ed-Foster

Ed Foster

Read Ed's profile and more …